Welcome

About Me

My Website

Favorite Blogs

Art Blogs

The Past

Current Posts

Visitors

Credits

Disclaimer

Friday, November 11, 2005

Grounds for Sculpture

One of my very favorite places to spend a day, is in Hamilton, New Jersey at the "Grounds for Sculpture. Each sculpture is shown in a setting that fits it perfectly. Some are in hidden places, so that when you find them, you are filled with delight. Somehow, the landscape designers, were able to design these hidden places, in such a way, that you are bound to find them. I try to get to the Grounds in each season, as the beauty of the landscape and the plant material is as impressive as the sculptures themselves. Their main restaurant is named “Rat’s”(from Wind in the Willows),is a wonderful place to recharge, with a delightful lunch in beautiful surroundings. J.Seward Johnson, is the founder of Grounds for Sculpture, many of his life size sculptures, inspired by the Impressionist painters, are exhibited at the grounds. If you ever wanted to step into a painting, this is the place for you. I am acquainted with two of the artists Toshiko Takazu and Isaac Witkin. It is always fun for me to visit their pieces and to remeber when, I saw Toshiko work on one of her pieces and the time when my husband, son and I visited Isaac's home and he gave us a tour of his studio. Here are some of my favorite photos taken on my last trip to the Grounds.
The photo of me and the sculpture, in my bio, was taken at the same time.



Here is the scene.


Here is the painting.

Posted by Mo'a :: 5:06 PM :: 0 Art Connoiseurs
-------------------------------------


Doll Maker and Artiste Extraordinaire


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com