Welcome

About Me

My Website

Favorite Blogs

Art Blogs

The Past

Current Posts

Visitors

Credits

Disclaimer

Sunday, December 24, 2006

Kertasnikir.......Candle-beggar


Kertasnikir.....Candle-beggar appears on Christmas Eve as the children wait in anticipation while their parents light the Christmas candles. When the family leaves the living room to get the children. Kertasnikir slips into the room and takes as many candles as he can carry.

The Jolasveinars and my project to count down to Christmas, by showing and talking about them each day and introducing their charming family, Gryla, Leppaludi and The Christmas Cat, has brought me more joy than I could ever have imagined. I have met through my blog other bloggers, some from my homeland and others from far and near. Thank you all for your kind words.
This year the Jolasveinar had the honor of being guests on two blogs Waking Ambrose and Endicott Redux.
My family and I, wish all of you that celebrate Christmas. Gledileg jol, Glaedelig jul and a Merry Christmas.
Happy Hanukkah to my Jewish friends. And to my friends who celebrate Kwanza, Happy Kwansa.

Labels:


Posted by Mo'a :: 7:50 AM :: 8 Art Connoiseurs

8 Comments:

At 9:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Icing on the Christmas Cake! Thanks again, Mo'a, and a very Merry Christmas!

 
At 9:50 AM, Blogger Mo'a said...

Al: Thank you and to you :)

 
At 12:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mo'a, thank you so much for sharing the story of the Jolasveinars! I have enjoyed it more than you can know. May you and your loved ones have a wonderful Christmas!
Peace-
Linda

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger Mo'a said...

Linda: It was my pleasure....it makes me so happy that you have enjoyed them.
Merry Christmas to you and your family.

 
At 1:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mo'a,

Wishing you the Merriest Christmas and Happiest New Year!

Joel & Neva (although I suspect she'll add her own message)

 
At 11:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mo'a, this has been better than the Christmas window at Saks. Thanks for sharing your charming tradition and Merry Christmas and Happiest of new years to you. xox ~ G

 
At 12:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

AW... see why i love that Joel? he really is this thoughtful -- and he could hear me whining from upstairs (i'm upstairs, he's downstairs) about how frazzled i am -- and how worried i was about not getting to say Merry Christmas to the people i care about most. i tell you this, because, of course, YOU are definitely on that list! (of people i care about and worry i wouldn't be able to wish my wish... oh, you know what i mean!)

i have LOVELOVELOVED knowing you this past year, and it has been such a joy to have been treated to your wonderful words and, of course, to your Magical art. as for the Jolasveinars? enchanting. a true pleasure in every sense of the word, sweet and dear and TALENTED Mo'a.

May this be a beautiful, peaceful and joyous Christmas -- and may all these wonderful things stay with you and yours throughout the New Year! Neva & Joel (who's been here already, but what the heck!) xoxo

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger Mo'a said...

Joel: Happy New Year to you and may you enjoy many Mondays like the two we just had :)

Happy New year my dear G......stop it I love it.....perhaps I can bring my little fellows to NYC....perhaps Tiffany windows....*dreams :)

Neva: thank you for all your kind words about me and my art. I have also enjoyed getting to know you this year :)xoxox
I hope that we will meet in person in 2007 :)

 

Post a Comment

Write, Speak, Create & take me back HOME!

-------------------------------------


Doll Maker and Artiste Extraordinaire


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com