Welcome

About Me

My Website

Favorite Blogs

Art Blogs

The Past

Current Posts

Visitors

Credits

Disclaimer

Friday, January 19, 2007

Marilyn Radzat, The Curator of Enchantment



















Today I am going tell you about Marilyn Radzat and show you her amazing art.
Marilyn is called The Curator of Enchantment, this phrase is a prefect description of Marilyn and her art.



In April of 2005, I connected with nine kindred souls at a retreat in Hawaii.
This retreat was at Marilyn Radzat’s home on Kawela Bay. Marilyn and her long time friend Gail Lackey also a fantasy artist, were our guides on our creative journey. Marilyn and Gail are both members of the prestigious doll artist organization NIADA.



When I was in Hawaii, everyday was a journey of enchantment, as Marilyn gently guided us to find our inner artist, our Muse. She did this by taking us on excursions to find the magic in nature and the magic within ourselves.
We went to a Banyan Forest, where we found not only the beauty and the majesty of the Banyan trees, we also found great treasures on the floor of the forest. Banyan trees are able to make magical places with their trunks that at times cling to each other and other times line them selves up to make a Cathedral, with their branches making a roof as they spread and intertwine their horizontal arms.
We went to a deserted beach, there Marilyn showed us the treasures that wash up to the shore. Sea glass, shells, coral, small stones and other objects that have been smoothed by the sea and sand. We all came back with our bags and pockets full of the kind treasures that are so prominent in Marilyn’s art.
Along with using natural materials that she finds in nature, Marilyn has an eye for beautiful manmade objects. Her studio is filled with glass tiles, sequins, beads, ribbons, charms, laces, fabric and many more special finds. These are her medium for magic and enchantment. It takes you breath away to walk into her beautiful treasure filled studio.
















For the first time in her 35 year career, Marilyn is teaching a series of classes at the Gourd College Online. She will be teaching techniques, that she has developed and used, while creating her own art.
There is still an opening for some of the classes. I would recommend that you take as many classes as you can. You will learn a lot more than technique, knowing Marilyn she will also teach you to see and find beautiful objects to create your own art.






















This year Marilyn and Gail are again offering a Creativity Retreat in Hawaii. When I talked with Marilyn last week, there was one space left. I wish I could be there, however, I am unable to go this year. If you can find a way and the time to go, I recommend that you do, you will never regret it. It is a magical journey, an adventure in paradise.














List of Photographs, from the top:
1. Scorpio, close up
2. Scorpio
3. We the women, who attended the Hawaii Retreat in April 2005
4. In the Banyan Forest
5. Gail and Marilyn in the studio
6. Seating area in the studio. You can see the ocean from the balcony.
7. Ladybug, sample for the class that Marilyn is giving at the Gourd College Online
8. Ladybug open
9. The willow, also a sample for the Gourd College Online
10. The Heart of the Willow
11. A Secret Shared
12. The little "Hoonie" from a Secret Shared, close up
13. The Seven Deadly Sins
14. The Deadly Sins
15. The Deadly Sins

New post on To Live A Creative Life please come for a visit, you are always welcome.

Labels:


Posted by Mo'a :: 12:38 PM :: 19 Art Connoiseurs

19 Comments:

At 9:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fabulous post! I am taking her online class, but would love to go to Hawaii too! Alas not this year...

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger Mo'a said...

Ulla so nice to see you here :)
I spent an hour reading your blog last night....late last night.

I am sure you will have a great time taking her classes.....I look forward to reading about it on your and your friend's blogs.
I wish I had time to take her classes.....but trips to Denmark and Italy and family coming here this year, keeps me very busy.
I am longing to go back to Hawaii and I am sure I will in the near future....I hope you get to go.

 
At 11:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear dear Mo'a

Thank you so much for your article on my work, retreat and classes. The sun is just rising now, on this island, and I remember so clearly seeing your beautiful 'being' clothed in a sarong, playing on the beach, when you were here for our retreat.
The turtles are singing..."come back...come back"

I send you the sweetest of aloha,
Marilyn

 
At 3:16 PM, Blogger Mo'a said...

Aloha Marilyn: The pleasure is all mine.
I do remeber and I hear the honu calling me back.
It was a magical time for me to be in Hawaii with you. You created magic for us by the way you welcomed, guided and valued each one of us :)

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger SeePearrl said...

hey that was simply beautiful!

amazing Art!!

 
At 9:55 PM, Blogger Adele Sciortino, ODACA said...

Hi Mo'a: Thank you for sharing Marilyn's art and article. I am also taking her on-line class. What a delight she is....I would love to go to the retreat on day. Maybe next year.

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger Mo'a said...

White Forest: Welcome :)
I agree with you her art is amazing and beautiful.

Adele: The pleasure is all mine.
Wonderful, I am sure you will love every minute.
She is indeed a delight :)
I hope you will be able to go to the retreat...it is a once in lifetime experience.

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger Linda Fleming said...

I have admired Marilyn's work for some time now. Her work has an ethereal quality - truly speaks to me! What a wonderful experience you had, to be able to attend one of her retreats- it must have been magical.
Peace-
Linda

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

Fantastic work. I especially like the seven deadlies but its all impressive.

Is that you in black on the right in the Banyan forest?

 
At 12:56 PM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

Something about "Lust" is especially funny. Not surprising, but true.

 
At 6:24 PM, Blogger ~Mo'a~ said...

Linda: I agree with you and etheral is a good description.
My time in Hawaii with Marilyn is one of the most memorable times of my life.

Doug: I had a feeling you would like her art. Something told me the seven deadlies :) would be a favorite with you.....I agree about "Lust"
Yes, that's me with my eye closed...I am also in the photo where we are in a circle :) 35 pounds ago.

 
At 10:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

35 pound ago? wow! and yet, still, you were -- and are -- a stunning work of art, yourself, dear Mo'a!

as for the this artist? oh my... to be in possession of such skill and beauty, and to have it all in HAWAI'I? it's like a dream. (i mean, Hawai'i is one of my FAVORITE PLACES ON THE ENTIRE PLANET) i remember when you first mentioned this retreat, and i thought how wonderful for you to bring your own amazing artistry to share, even as you built on your ability to create even *more* beautiful pieces of art.

i know her retreat isn't possible for you this time around, but i hope you'll be able to go again the next time the brilliantly gifted Marilyn Radzat offers one, just so you can share more insight/energy/PICTURES with the rest of us! (and yes, i would SO go, had i a fraction of the talent you do... alas i do not. that said, i will DEFINITELY look her up the next time i make it over there!)

as always, this has been magical. thank you thank you... THANK YOU! xox

 
At 7:42 PM, Blogger Mo'a said...

Thank you :) Sometimes I don't feel like the loss of all those pounds show.

I know, and I love Hawaii also and Marilyn's place, is a dream. Marilyn herself is one of the special people of this world.
Yes, yes I do hope I can go back and believe me I will share with all my dear friends here.
You can come also, Marilyn has a way of bringing ones inner artist out.
So come with me next time I go :)

 
At 8:50 PM, Blogger Nessa said...

Absolutely WOW.

 
At 12:54 AM, Blogger tsduff said...

Great and beautiful talent you have showcased here Mo'a. Love it - and I'm with Doug - the seven deadlies are funny as all heck. Why do I identify with all of them ;-).

Say, how on earth did you lose that weight? Did your knee surgery have any impact? You are one awesome gal. I remember some of the pictures from your retreat - love them!

 
At 7:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another great feature Mo'a. I have always loved looking at Marilyn Radzat's work. It seems like you can look forever & still not see everything.
In my other life (the one in my head) I go to every one of her retreats & create wondrous things. In this life, maybe someday.

 
At 8:45 AM, Blogger Mo'a said...

Goldennib: You said it :)

Terry: Don't we all especially around the Christmas Holidays.

After my knee surgery I started moving again....I go to Curves, and walk, walk, walk :) I still have a long way to go.
Let's go together :)

Rachael: Thank you Rachael...I am very selfish I only feature my favorite artists :) I am gathering friends to go with me...let's make that dream come true :)

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger Minka said...

Wow, i always told myself taht I have not a single cretaive bone in my body. After reading this I have to say proudly that I am able to see teh beautiful things all around us, and maybe my inability to be crafty is more a neglect of practice. When I look at all these beautiful things created I feel the need to get out some glue, get clos eto teh ocean and look for natural things to build soemthign with. Maybe it is not to late.
I love her art, she truly is amazing!

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger Mo'a said...

Minka: You are so right, I am sure that most everyone can train themselves to be creative/artistic.
One does not become a concert pianist over night, it takes practice. You are one smart cookie :) And it is never too late.
Yes, Marilyn is an amazing artist. She is also a great mentor and a wonderful friend.

 

Post a Comment

Write, Speak, Create & take me back HOME!

-------------------------------------


Doll Maker and Artiste Extraordinaire


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com