Welcome

About Me

My Website

Favorite Blogs

Art Blogs

The Past

Current Posts

Visitors

Credits

Disclaimer

Thursday, August 02, 2007

Angela Giovanna Loroux


It was four years ago when I first saw Eden this amazing doll by today's featured artist Angela Giovanna Loroux. I was hooked and Eden has been in my memory ever since.
I see a lot of art every day and there are few artist that impress me as much as Angela does. Her art is both poignant and as elegant as their creator.

Angela attended Manhattan Beauty School and specialized in FX Make-up.
She was an award winning Display Artist for a large retail corporation and a resident Artist in a large Theatrical Costume shop where she made all things three dimensional: from hats to mascot costumes to props for productions throughout the United States and Canada.
Her Fantasy Illustration, Children’s Portraits & Photography work can be found in collections all over the world.

I asked Angela a few questions. Here are the questions and Angela's answers.

Mo’a: What direction is your art going in lately and what excites you?

Angela: Lately I have been working on faerie pieces for Faerie Con that will be held in October 2007 in Philadelphia, PA, as well as mythological characters in paper clay. I feel compelled to include my love of Premier paper clay, as I plan on working in mainly in this medium in the future.
I am entirely self taught, with the exception of purchasing and watching the Creager's Instructional Video tapes and Hannie Sarris' Instructional Books.
They are not only extraordinarily talented people they are very lovely human beings, which is important to me.


Mo’a: Do you belong to any Doll Clubs or Artist Organizations?

Angela: I belong to the Dollmakers List as well as other smaller sculpture lists. I am also a member of ASFA, the Association of Science Fiction and Fantasy Artists.

Mo’a: In reading about you for this article, I saw that you have had many awards and honors through your art. Would you tell us what they are?

Angela: My work has been featured in the books, "Spectrum 11 & 12, The Best in Contemporary Fantastic Art."
I received the Froudian Artist Award for February 2005 and was chosen as the number one Fairy Fantasy Artist of the same month by Hannie Sarris.
I was featured on the french website, Free Land of Fantasy, for my piece "Eden" alongside Thomas Kuebler for appearing in Spectrum 11.

My piece "Morigan" was mentioned in an
Amazon Review for "Spectrum 11, The Best in Contemporary Fantastic Art".

My piece "Within A Whisper" appears in the upcoming edition of Contemporary Doll Collector.

Mo’a: What inspired your piece “The Healer”?

Angela: I made "The Healer" specifically to celebrate a man who dedicated his life to helping and healing victims of Gulf War Syndrome and environmentally triggered illnesses. I was later informed the piece will be permanently displayed in a new Healing Arts Center in Eastern Pennsylvania.

Mo’a: Do you work full time on your art?

Angela: I literally work around the clock on my pieces. I only stop when I need to rest. I get my inspiration for a lot for my pieces from my dreams. My work is my way of communicating, it embodies who I am. I feel I have so much more ahead of me, the excitement truly is the journey.

Oden and Frigg

Souvanna

Litza


As you can see by the pieces shown here, Angela's Art is as extraordinary as their creator.
Angela has a blog, please go and visit her there and also leave a comment here. I know that she would like to hear from you.

Labels:


Posted by Mo'a :: 8:44 AM :: 26 Art Connoiseurs

26 Comments:

At 2:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful writing and of course I love Angela's work. Beautiful on all counts. Thank you for always being so caring and open in your Blog M'oa. I always love reading!

 
At 6:15 PM, Blogger Lea said...

Oh Mo'a... these pieces are so amazing... I am so moved and can't thank you enough for this introduction. I will be spending some time here... What a gift you are...

 
At 9:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Mo'a. WOW. I have seen Angela's work published before. She is so talented! Your interview is a great way to get to understand the beauty behind her work! Does she live in Philly?

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger Linda Fleming said...

Love your interview with Angela, and her work is simply amazing. I would be hard pressed to select a favorite of the pieces you exhibited here- they are all breath taking.

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger Nessa said...

Wow, amazingly beautiful.

 
At 1:41 AM, Blogger Miz BoheMia said...

Breathtaking! There is so much soul in her art! I can most definitely see why you love her art so my dearest LovaM'oa!

 
At 10:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

O - her work is so beautiful.

 
At 12:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH! Her work is amazing!!! I want one too!!!

 
At 6:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear M'oa,
I can't thank you enough for the lovely article you wrote, I feel very honored and touched. Thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to talk about my work. I will cherish these words of kindness always.

Sincerely, Angela Loroux

 
At 11:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are stunning, and make me want to get back to sculpting even more! Thanks for the links!!

 
At 8:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angela is not only a wonderfully talented artist, she is a lovely soul who I adore...what a joy to see her work come together by a the talented Mo'a.
Bonnie

 
At 9:33 AM, Blogger Mo'a said...

Lana: Nice to see you here :) I love knowing that you are reading my blog dear friend.
The pleasuree is all mine.

Lea: Angela's art moved me the same way. I feel honored that she agreed to allow me to feature her and her art...I love sharing what I love with my friends :)

Constance: WOW, indeed :) I had the exact same reaction when I first saw her work.
I don't know where she lives, we need to ask her :)

Linda: All of Angela's pieces have the same reaction for me...however, and perhaps because she was my first love...Eden still takes my breath away.

Nessa: That does say it all :)

MizBohemia: Good to see you back...LovaMo'a missed you.
Only a kind and loving soul can make art like this.

Rachael: Yes, indeed...well said.

Vanessa: Indeed and I am with you, I would love to have one also...I am sure it is possible.

Angela: My dear the pleasure is all mine and it is easy to talk about your wonderful art :)

Ulla: She is certainly an inspiring artist...I find my own hands itching go go back to sculpting.

Bonnie: You are so right...all who know her adore her lovely artistic and giving soul...she is always so kind with her advise and encouragement on the Dollmakers list.

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

I think I have figured out what makes dollmakers like you and Angela excellent at your work. It's the ability to create art a person wants to meet in person.

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger Mo'a said...

"It's the ability to create art a person wants to meet in person."

I love that Doug...that is so thoughtful of your to say and you do have a way with words.
Thank you :)

 
At 2:43 PM, Blogger Alice Regan said...

Love your work, especially Oden & Frigg. Thanks for the postings.
Alice

 
At 7:00 PM, Blogger Mo'a said...

Alice: Welcome :) I also love Oden & Frigg...Angela has a way with expressing emotion.

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger Erla Erlingsdóttir said...

How extraordinary!
Thanks for this Móa.
For sure Angela has a way with expressing emotions.
I am sitting in midsts of all my boxes. All my belongins have been packed. On the weekend I will drive to Hamburg where the car goes on a ship, then off to Iceland.
I will keep the same e-mail dear Móa.
I am glad the painting has arrived with you.
Best wishes, and thanks for a great blog.
XXX Erla

 
At 10:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! and...Wow! Love the dresses on your dolls. You are an artist indeed!!
Donna

 
At 11:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Mo'a,
Karen Cole of Artsortments, has invited me, and would like to include you in a special outing in Oct.(with bloggies) We want you to come, I will invite Susanna of Susanna's Sketchbook.
Thanks for stopping by Rochambeau! You brighten my day.
Constance

 
At 7:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't thank you all enough for your very generous and kind words. I feel like I made a bunch of new & wonderful friends. Thank you once again dear Mo'a for this lovely introduction, you truly are so kind!

PS. At one time I did indeed live in Philly, but now live further up north near the Poconos.

Thank you all once again!

Sincerely, Angela Loroux

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger Mo'a said...

Angela: I am delighted to have had the opportunity to feature you and your art. You have brought much delight and beauty into our world. Best wishes for your continued success.

 
At 10:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stunning. Perfection. Fairy and woman like hand and glove perfect fit.
Glorious designs. Thank you for sharing your friend with us.

 
At 12:42 PM, Blogger Mo'a said...

Corey: I am so happy that you got to see Angela's incredible art.

 
At 11:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

M'oa.... i'm SO sorry i missed this amazing post! i'm afraid i was "otherwise" occupied with company (our happy little Penguin) and then sicksicksick -- and, as such, unable to be an attentive blog friend. woe is me.

that said, THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing the magical works of this unbelievably talented artist. her works are... extraordinary. absolutely beautiful. xoxox

*claps hands in delight*

(sooooo sorry i didn't get to see you during teh penguin's visit. hopefully you, me, and Gina be able to get together, SOON!)

 
At 6:41 PM, Blogger Fran said...

What a wonderful interview you did with Angela. I have seen her work before and I truly admire her work. Her dolls are SPECTACULAR!
Fran

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger G said...

Mo'a, a stunning introduction to such beautiful work. Angela's work is indeed dreamlike.

Nicely done.

 

Post a Comment

Write, Speak, Create & take me back HOME!

-------------------------------------


Doll Maker and Artiste Extraordinaire


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com