Welcome

About Me

My Website

Favorite Blogs

Art Blogs

The Past

Current Posts

Visitors

Credits

Disclaimer

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Eye Candy and French

I am an eye candy junkie.....well at least that kind of candy doesn’t end up on the hips. Lately my new favorite blogs are mixed media artist blogs and French life style blogs. Here are some of the wonderful wondrous blogs, that I thought you might enjoy.
Unnabenulla is a blog by Ulla an artist and art teacher. She writes about and shows images from the most amazing web sites and stores. Many of these sites are sent to her by her friend Florizelle who lives in Paris. See here some of the Paris Discoveries.


After reading one series of posts, on Gypsy wagons, fashion and art I was ready to live in a Gypsy Wagon, wear Gypsy fashion and create gypsy art. Here Ulla shows some of her own wonderful art, now tell me what would you do with an ugly brown bug.
Another favorite blog is Paris Breakfast. Each day Carol Gillott does a watercolor of a favorite sweet, pastry, teacup, teapots, chocolate pots, her luminous watercolors are always sure to make me happy. Today she has an homage to the French Egg. Will you look at boiled eggs with a different eye, after seeing this post? I know that I will.
Is it just me or do French women have a special way, with not only how to tie a scarf, but also in how to design and photograph their surroundings. Take a look here and here and tell me if I am right.
And look here at L’Armoire de Suzanne how clever they are when it comes to finding that special something.
So yes, lately I have been possessed by the French blog. No, I don’t know French well enough to be able to read these blogs without help, so I go to AltaVista Babel Fish. Sometimes the translation is humorous, I love that.
I am inspired by the above, sites and you will notice that on my other blog To Live A Creative Life.

Labels:


Posted by Mo'a :: 10:36 AM :: 9 Art Connoiseurs

9 Comments:

At 2:55 AM, Blogger S. Nicolas Originals said...

Oh Mo'a. Last summer I was thrilled to see one of those fabulously gilded gypsy wagons. Someone had bought it and were moving it on a trailer. My daughter and I followed and were finally able to get them to stop so we could look at it better. It was fantastic and absolutely dripping with embellishments. Wonderful!

 
At 6:20 PM, Blogger tsduff said...

Man alive Mo'a - those eggs over at Paris Breakfast had me swooning... lovely showcase. Thanks for sharing your love of great blogs with us - such a treat.

 
At 7:04 PM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

Un crepe avec jamon et fromage, s'il vous plait!

That's kinda it for me and Francais. Great pictures, though and I can read your English all day.

 
At 10:25 PM, Blogger G said...

Doug, at least I understood that you wanted Cheerios, not bad huh?

Such lovely treats, thanks for sharing, Mo'a.

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger Mo'a said...

Sherry: Wow!!! That was wonderful luck. I wish I could see one. There are some bed and breakfasts in both England and France that have Gypsy Wagons for their guests....I would love to have one to use as a studio :)

Terry: They sure are amazing...I would love to have that on my breakfast plate :)

Doug: Coming right up.....Ken did you hear Doug's order? Good thing Ken's French is better than mine LOL Doug I will take that as a compliment....does that sound too desparate?

G: Sure glad Ken is making Doug's breakfast....I would have given him some thin pancake, with cheese and ham......see things do get lost in translation.
You are most welcome it is my pleasure to share with my buddies :)

 
At 7:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

THANK YOU so much for featuring my blog! and to be in the company of Carol and Susanne is just plain dreamy!!! I am glad to hear about your other blog and will hop right over there when I finish this! Eye candy is wonderful isn't it?

 
At 10:02 PM, Blogger Mo'a said...

Ulla: The pleasure is all mine!!! As you can see I love your blog, delicious eye candy :)and wonderful inspiration. I am sure they feel that they are in good company also....their blogs are also ever so delish!!!

 
At 9:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i see you have an eye for beautiful blogs, as well as an eye for art (oh, wait, i guess those beautiful blogs fall into the "art" category, don't they?)

thank you for sharing, dearest Mo'a... and for giving me a reason to want even MORE things that i don't have. (sadly, we share the same love of "eye candy", but not the same ability to create it for ourselves...) xox

 
At 8:37 AM, Blogger Nessa said...

A tad unrelated: When I was in Vienna when I was sixteen, we went to a beer cellar and our waiter was a gypsy. Talk about eye candy. He was THE most beautiful man I have ever seen, even to this day.

Moving on: I am decorating my kitchen in a French Country style and those sites will help with the inspiration. They are beautiful.

I saw a show the other day where a man made a gypsy wagon in his back yard. I want one now, too.

 

Post a Comment

Write, Speak, Create & take me back HOME!

-------------------------------------


Doll Maker and Artiste Extraordinaire


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com