Welcome

About Me

My Website

Favorite Blogs

Art Blogs

The Past

Current Posts

Visitors

Credits

Disclaimer

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Favorite Colors...Red and Purple


I am passionate about color. My favorite colors are red, purple and yellow. Every year I make a new red Christmas table cloth. My Mother mentioned that of all the Christmas table cloths that I have made, this years table cloth is her favorite.
I also made a new decorative shower curtain for the guest bathroom...a lovely purple/peach iridescent silk fabric.

I am not very good at sewing...straight stitch is good enough for me. You might wonder why I have a sewing machine that is computerized and one that has many decorative stitches and will even embroider. I don’t have an answer for you and I only know that it is capable of all this fancy stuff because that is what the user manual tells me. All kidding aside I do make a lot of pillows, curtains and table cloths on this machine...using the straight stitch. This year my resolution is to learn how to use the machine and all it’s bells and whistles. I have had this sewing machine for eight years, so perhaps it is time to learn to use it and all it's capabilities

Here is a photo of the table set for my book club Christmas party.

And here is a delicious and colorful cake one of the members brought to the party.

Labels:


Posted by Mo'a :: 12:10 PM :: 15 Art Connoiseurs

15 Comments:

At 12:44 PM, Blogger oldcrow61 said...

It looks beautiful. Red is one of my favorite colours. I like deep intense colours like the red in your tablecloth. Wonderful!

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger tongue in cheek said...

Glorious!
That tart has me wanting to dive in!

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger Dawn Alice Rogers said...

wow, my mouth is watering!

 
At 3:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This deep Christmas red is just the perfect colour.

Wow, do you have a piece of cake left over?

 
At 5:30 PM, Blogger Lea said...

So rich and beautiful these colors and fabrics! And that tart looks so yummy!

 
At 12:12 AM, Blogger G said...

It's my favorite table cloth too and I haven't seen the others. It's quite beautiful as is the shower curtain.

I love glimpses into your creations.

 
At 1:20 AM, Blogger Linda Fleming said...

Love the table cloth, Mo'a. The rich color is just gorgeous.

 
At 12:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mo'a, I just made you Blog of the Week over at Britt-Arnhild's House in the Woods.

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger rochambeau said...

Beautiful tablecloth, garland and tart! Congrats on being the best blog of the week from Britt!
Happy New Year Mo'a!

 
At 3:05 PM, Blogger Rebecca E. Parsons/Cre8Tiva said...

looks like you mastered it...the cloth is beautiful...now that tart is to die for...hugs, r

 
At 10:53 PM, Blogger tsduff said...

That tart looks suspiciously Icelandic. Have you been coaching them? Beautiful pictures... lovely Christmas balls, and gorgeous table cloth Mo'a -


Wishing you a Happy New Year - what ever you have planned ;)

 
At 7:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your neeedlefelting is phenominal! I'll be back to visit soon.

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger susanna said...

Mo'a, this holiday table cloth is gorgeous! It's so beautiful! And that dessert looks scrumptious!

 
At 9:34 AM, Blogger Minka said...

Yummy. That is my kinda cake, i love fruits :)
I have to agree with your mother...a beautiful table cloth!

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger Guillermo said...

Hello family, guaou wonderful cake!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Write, Speak, Create & take me back HOME!

-------------------------------------


Doll Maker and Artiste Extraordinaire


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com