Welcome

About Me

My Website

Favorite Blogs

Art Blogs

The Past

Current Posts

Visitors

Credits

Disclaimer

Monday, December 24, 2007

Kertasnikir.......Candle-beggar


Kertasnikir.....Candle-beggar appears on Christmas Eve as the children wait in anticipation while their parents light the Christmas candles. When the family leaves the living room to get the children. Kertasnikir slips into the room and takes as many candles as he can carry.

The Jolasveinars and my project to count down to Christmas, by showing and talking about them each day, introducing their charming family, Gryla, Leppaludi and The Christmas Cat, has brought me more joy than I could ever have imagined. I have met through my blog other bloggers, some from my homeland and others from far and near. Thank you all for your visits and kind words.

Labels:


Posted by Mo'a :: 8:09 AM :: 10 Art Connoiseurs

10 Comments:

At 9:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gledelig jul to you, and thanks for your countdown.

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger Lea said...

I will leave a sack of candles out for Kertasnikir tonight, he will be so happy with the selection as I think it will keep him in lights for the whole year!

Mo'a this gift of your posts with the Jolasveinars and their kin has given me so much this season... I have just loved it and the wonder and anticipation it has conjured.

Love, joy, and delight
to you and your family dear friend...

 
At 12:10 AM, Blogger Linda Fleming said...

He is so adorable I would gladly give him all my candles!

I hope you and your family are having a wonderful Christmss. What special one this is for you, sharing your grandson's first Christmas with him.

 
At 12:20 AM, Blogger G said...

Mo'a, thanks for sharing this beautiful tradition of yours. Julian woke up and I was here blogging so I showed him all the little fellows. Imagine he has some fuel for his dreams.

Better get him back to bed. G'night and Merry Christmas.

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger rachael said...

Each one is cuter than the next - I can't pick a favorite.
Merry Christmas Mo'a!

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger Miz BoheMia said...

Glaedelig Jul as of last night my dearest LovaMóa whom I have missed so!

You were very much on our minds last night as our children's nisses were on full and proud display! :-)

Jeg haber at du har haft en meget sode og specielt jul!

All my love always,

Mizzy B

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger tongue in cheek said...

Each one is so adorable! Their little faces so life like!
Wonderfully charming!

 
At 5:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm so happy to have found your blog, (linked form britt's little house in the woods)because i love elves and yours are so very wonderful! i've been laughing at all their crazy antics too. very fun. thank you for sharing your amazing talent and humor!

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

Your Jolas are just great. I bought mine for gifts and kept them anyway.

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger susanna said...

Your dolls have so much personality! And I especially like the stories behind each one of them. Good work, Mo'a. You're an incredible doll-maker.

 

Post a Comment

Write, Speak, Create & take me back HOME!

-------------------------------------


Doll Maker and Artiste Extraordinaire


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com