Welcome

About Me

My Website

Favorite Blogs

Art Blogs

The Past

Current Posts

Visitors

Credits

Disclaimer

Friday, December 14, 2007

Stufur....Stubby The Costume, and a Little Nisse


Stufur....Stubby. He is very small and timid,he is afraid of his aggressive brothers, hardly dares to do any mischief at all. He waits in the corner of the kitchen, where the housewife is frying the meat, in the hope that she will leave the pan behind. Stufur lives in anticipation, sometimes he is lucky and sometimes not.

The costumes that I used for the Jolasveinar, is based on the Icelandic costume the men wore in the 18th century. Sheep skin shoes (saudskinnskor), that were very thin and without soles and had hand knit inserts (leppar), imagine walking in these shoes over the lava fields. Short breeches and hand knit woolen socks, nice and warm. A sweater loosely based on the lopapeysa,I say loosely as the designs I have made on the Jolasveinar sweaters, are not as ornate and intricate as the real thing. Mittens (vettlingar) and a woolen hat.

Speaking of small...here is a little Nisse (Pixie) Angel that I made for my little half Danish Grandson Victor. He is inspired by a little Nisse (Pixie) from Birgitte Krag Hansen’s wonderful book Pixie Felt.


Labels:


Posted by Mo'a :: 8:27 AM :: 5 Art Connoiseurs

5 Comments:

At 1:27 PM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

You have a very lucky grandson.

 
At 6:05 PM, Blogger Lea said...

I couldn't wait to come over today. This is better than a stack of presents my dear!

Little Stufur, I can see him over there behind the stool in the corner, you have to look quick!

The clothing is just exquisite!

And that little Nisse Angel, will be treasure by Victor!

Guess what came in the mail for me today? I ordered over a week ago, wool, felting needles, and foam blocks! So you see, I am going to be greatly inspired by you!!! I have a plan of what to make, it will be for my parents, and if I can complete it, I will let you know!

Thank you so Mo'a... XO

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger Mo'a said...

Doug: We like to think so...yes, yes I agree.

Lea: Yes, that's him...he likes whatever you are frying...he gobbles up tofu.
I wish I could be there to give you some pointers...wait, wait you have your very own teacher in your neighborhood. I am always happy when I can inspire fellow artists. I can't wait to see your creation.

 
At 9:15 PM, Blogger rochambeau said...

Dear Mo'a,
I just left a comment, but it didn't go through.
Want you to know how beautiful your little woodland guys are.
Filled with expression.
Fabulous!

xox
Constance

 
At 2:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Each one of your dolls is beautiful, i have enjoyed looking and reading about each one. This on's stance and eyes are so sweet!
You are very talented Mo'a!

 

Post a Comment

Write, Speak, Create & take me back HOME!

-------------------------------------


Doll Maker and Artiste Extraordinaire


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com