Welcome

About Me

My Website

Favorite Blogs

Art Blogs

The Past

Current Posts

Visitors

Credits

Disclaimer

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Needle Felt and Christmas


This is the third Christmas season that I have counted down to Christmas here on my blog, by sharing the story of the Icelandic Jolasveinar.

They come down from the mountains one by one and the first one arrives tomorrow.
The little fellows are needle felted and are my own creation and tribute to Icelandic traditions.

Needle felting is done with a barbed needle and the medium is wool rowing.
Three years ago I took a class though Joggles.com given by Amy Rawson.
I also studied techniques through two excelent books by Birgitte Krag Hansen, New Felt and Pixie felt. I adore Brigitte Krag Hansen's Needle Felt Art. She is Danish and in my opinion, the best needle felt artist in the world.

It has been a joyful experience for me to create and to share my art and stories with my blog friends.

This year I will also show some of the other Christmas creations I have been making for my little Grandson, who will be spending his first Christmas with us here in the US.

Photos: Icelandic Flag, Mountain in Iceland, Needle Felting needles, and wool rowing.

Labels:


Posted by Mo'a :: 9:03 AM :: 5 Art Connoiseurs

5 Comments:

At 3:25 PM, Blogger Nessa said...

Can't wait to see the projects you are working on.

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger Mo'a said...

Nessa: They have been so much fun...did a lot of them before I got sick.

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger Ulla said...

I love hearing all about your Icelandic fellows! And Birgitte's work has always been a favorite of mine! She is sooooo prolific! Looking forward to seeing your creations for this season!

 
At 7:39 AM, Blogger Mo'a said...

Ulla: And don't you just love that Birgitte is Danish :)

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger Lea said...

Dearest Mo'a, I am so happy that you are here celebrating your third year! I love finding out about these beautiful traditions and learning about Jolasveinar as well as having the opportunity to be inspired by your beautiful creations!

 

Post a Comment

Write, Speak, Create & take me back HOME!

-------------------------------------


Doll Maker and Artiste Extraordinaire


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com