Welcome

About Me

My Website

Favorite Blogs

Art Blogs

The Past

Current Posts

Visitors

Credits

Disclaimer

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Bionic Woman

Another countdown has begun. In 13 days I will become a bionic woman........I know unoriginal and trite, but I am sticking with it.
For seventeen long years, I have been dealing with damaged knees. Had I been a male athlete, I am sure I would have been cured by now. My doctors and I, have had to prove to my Insurance Company, that all other avenues had been explored before they will pay for knee replacements. Both of my knee injuries were sport related. Left knee was damaged when a friend and I were dancing to ACDC in the kitchen while cooking a delectable meal. Right knee was damaged on the treadmill. I know, I am stretching it a bit by calling them sport related injuries......but admit to old age related injuries, me never, after all I was only forty six seventeen years ago.
I was a young energetic and thin woman.......today I am an older....I will not use the word old for me, never, never even if I reach the age of 90.....I shall remain an older woman. So where was I.?Yes, yes, today I am an older and heavier woman, who with every step wills herself to take another one. My pride will not let me use a wheelchair or a cane, unless I am traveling alone, hiking in an Banyan Forest or walking a beach in Hawaii. My husband’s arm steadies me at most other times and makes me feel safe.
I am never amused when people in my age group......would you not like to know?........then again if you did the math, you know....start talking about their aches and pains and lamenting the fact that they are old. I find such discussions to be time wasters, unless it is spiked with self deprecating humor. So bear with me, I shall spare you all the details of my pre-op appointments, unless something hilarious happens.
*This post was written to fulfill my first resolution for 2006.

Posted by Mo'a :: 4:54 PM :: 4 Art Connoiseurs

4 Comments:

At 9:05 PM, Blogger Minka said...

You go and I did the math. 29 isn´t it? :)
Good luck with the knees and be safe and let us know about hilarious incidents, funny remarks or just how you feel.

 
At 3:35 AM, Blogger Miz BoheMia said...

We are here for you! It is a hard new adventure you are embarking on but I am sure that one where the rewards far outweigh the sacrifices!

As for your general attitude... why couldn't you be my mother-in-law?

 
At 10:43 AM, Blogger Mo'a said...

Monika My dear your math is perfect :) Thank you for your good wishes.

MisBohemia I am so happy to have you, Monika and my other good blog friends with me.....and yes the rewards do indeed outweigh the sacrifice.
I will be happy to be your mother-in-law, consider it to be so. Now send those impostors back to from whense they came.

 
At 8:25 PM, Blogger Three Score and Ten or more said...

Best wishes on the knees. As for me, I am proud of being old. To me it seems an improvement over any logical alternative. You may have moments in a wheelchair coming up but they will be brief. The walker and the chair in the bath will stay with you longer.

 

Post a Comment

Write, Speak, Create & take me back HOME!

-------------------------------------


Doll Maker and Artiste Extraordinaire


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com