Welcome

About Me

My Website

Favorite Blogs

Art Blogs

The Past

Current Posts

Visitors

Credits

Disclaimer

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

I Am Baaaack!

I am baaaack. This past week has been a challenge for me. It all started with getting a cold shortly after coming home from the Rehabilitation Center. Then from the cold I got a sinus infection. Because of the knee replacements an infection anywhere in my body is a no, no, I got antibiotics from the Doctor. Long story short. The antibiotics killed all the bad and good bacteria in my stomach, so that for 48 hours the only exercise I got, was from my bed to the bathroom. Imodium D was prescribed for that and another problem reared it’s ugly head.....gas...pains....loss of appetite....as a result I lost one week. I am now eating yogurt so that the good bacteria will come back.
I was too weak to read anything on the computer or otherwise. I started resenting the wonderful young Olympic Athletes.......can they not be still? What is with all this gliding, jumping, slaloming, smiling, and having a good time?......Yet I was glued to the TV watching youth and health. Last night for the first time I actually enjoyed what I was watching, my favorite, Women’s Figure Skating, that seems to be a signal, I am back and feeling better and stronger. Tomorrow I start Out Patient Physical Therapy, I am excited about that. I am walking with a cane and in theory when you start walking with the cane you can start driving.....I say in theory as I would be hard pressed to drive at this point. First I need to be able to get into the car by myself, then I would need to be able to, at a moments notice, step on the brake....cannot do anything with my legs without deliberate thinking.
What I am proud of, however, is that four weeks after the operation, I am walking with a cane.....I am told this is unusual, as normally it takes six weeks after a double knee replacement......I only know what they tell me:) I refuse to have any more slow downs, I need to dance at the wedding in July.

Posted by Mo'a :: 10:52 AM :: 9 Art Connoiseurs

9 Comments:

At 7:27 AM, Blogger Minka said...

Yipeee, youare back. I was a little worried when I didn´t hear form you. I thought somethign in connetcion with the OP. I am glad you are feeling better and another indication that we are related: I love figure skating! I have been glued to the telly as well.
Now you go out on your cane and you´ll show those statistics that you are above them...Good Luck!

 
At 7:43 AM, Blogger Miz BoheMia said...

YAY! You are ok! I am glad you made it through in one positive piece! And yes you will dance at the wedding! Bohemians tend to know such things so take my word for it! *big toothy grin*

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger Mo'a said...

Monika, Oh! it is good to be back. FraenkaMo'a islooking forward to the Figure Skating tonight. I go for my out patient therapy today and soon I will shed the cane :)
MizBohemia, I think I will have to stop by in Spain to learn some new moves :0 I know that Bohemians know much, but did you know that I used to be a Bohemian in London, 40 years ago? Short skirts, long sweaters and lot's and lot's of poetry readings.

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger Linda S. Wingerter said...

Dear, sweet Mo'a, who writes the loveliest things in my blog-- I've missed you at the ODACT meetings, glad it sounds like you're feeling better, and that the ladies figure skaters helped pull you through. :) Hope to see you in person one of these days. The blog is BEAUTIFUL!

 
At 5:04 PM, Blogger Three Score and Ten or more said...

With you all the way.

 
At 7:08 PM, Blogger Saumakona - eða þannig said...

I´m glad you are over that last ordeal,... now it´s all going uphill for you and I know you´ll truly be dancing im July!

 
At 8:42 PM, Blogger Linda S. Wingerter said...

PS, no I don't have any Max's photos. Amy took some, I hope she sends them soon!

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger Mo'a said...

Linda: I hope to be able to get to the next ODACT meeting. I love the skating at the Olympics....when I was younger ;) I used to love to skate.
Richard: Thank you and also for your kind words on the list.
Greta: Yes, each day get's better and I look forward to the dancing something else I used to love to do before the bad knees....the future looks good. I forsee the purchase of Dancing Shoes and Skates.
Linda: I look forward to seeing the photos and sharing them here.

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger Biene said...

What a bore. I am thankful for having two healthy legs! People take useally too many things for granted. Give your poor stomach and your knees a hug!
Nice to think about that we both were sitting in different corners of the world looking at ice skating!
Mom

 

Post a Comment

Write, Speak, Create & take me back HOME!

-------------------------------------


Doll Maker and Artiste Extraordinaire


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com