Welcome

About Me

My Website

Favorite Blogs

Art Blogs

The Past

Current Posts

Visitors

Credits

Disclaimer

Friday, February 10, 2006

Triathlon Knees and Nurse Crachet

Thank you all for your good wishes. I am home now and getting used to my newTriathlon knees I have had many adventurers in the last few weeks. Three days in the hospital and two weeks in the Rehabilitation Center, where two of my nurses were, Nurse Crachet and her apprentice. I was know in the Center as “The Bi-lateral knee replacement in 108B” according to Nurse Crachet who was briefing her apprentice during a shift change. They were talking in the hallway right in front of my room and discussing whether I could walk to the bathroom, how long I could sit up, whether I could bathe myself, they talked about my lack of appetite.......actually I had a good appetite except for the food they served :( Had it not been for my fruit bowl supplied by Angela and my family. The soups and other goodies, Angela and my Mother brought and the Pizza Party we had in my room one evening, I would have lost more weight than I have. Now back to Nurse Crachet and her apprentice, they proceeded to discuss other personal information, that I shall spare you, it had to do with bodily functions. My face was beet red as they were discussing this in the hallway and I am sure this conversation could be heard by the patients and their company, in all the rooms around mine......when you are a patient the first thing you need to do is check your dignity, humor and personality at the door. There should be a disclaimer saying “Check your dignity, humor and individuality here. Nurse Crachet and her apprentices will make sure they will not be used by you or any other patient in the facility”.Mercifully there were nurses and nurses aids that I loved, they were caring and most helpful, but the memory of Nurse Crachet and her apprentice really shook me up.
There were highlights in my day, that was the times I went to physical therapy. There were three wonderful therapists in charge of my therapy. One is an stunning African-American lady who was responsible for the fact that I had a 90 degree bend in my knees, when I went back to the Doctor to have the stables taken out. My occupational therapist is from India, she is beautiful and had many ideas and lot’s of equipment to help me be as independent as possible. Then there was a very handsome all American male......who I suspect was hiding a six pack under his very stylish shirts......he was the case manager.....I was the case he was managing :) I enjoyed every painful moment of my twice a day physical therapy, here was the only place I heard laughter and where they were interested in you as a person.
Every day is better and I feel stronger. I learned yesterday that next week I will shed the walker....the walker cramps my style ;~) .......and I will go to a cane......not bad for three weeks after surgery. The Bionic Woman is emerging......hear me roar.

Posted by Mo'a :: 11:06 AM :: 10 Art Connoiseurs

10 Comments:

At 8:12 PM, Blogger Minka said...

Well done and I am so glad to hear everything is OK. Now you just need some time to recover fully and soon you´ll be able to jump over walls and work for any secret agency of your choice;)
the first thing Igot taught when I started working at an old-people home is that everything stays within the ward adn that patients get discussed behind closed doors where nobody but teh staff is hearing about it!
The other thing is just an invasion of privacy!
Glad you are back and many hugs!

 
At 3:05 AM, Blogger Miz BoheMia said...

I am so glad you are back! We missed you very much!

It is awful how very little regard some nurses and doctors have for their patients. You would think that bedside manner would be emphasized and taught to med students but from what I know, it is not. A little lesson in compassion would go a long way!

Oh the pain you must have gone through! The bright side of the whole thing is that you are over the worst part of it all and from here on in, things can and will only get better! Let us hear that roar dear Bionic Woman!!!!

I am thrilled you like the template I made my dear sis Monika! Do you want me to make you one! *Big sheepish grin* Unfortunately, I am not too creative so the basic skeleton would be the same as Monika's... which is the same as mine! I would just need a large pic that you like that you feel represents you! Gotta make something for my fellow Icelander!

Here's to a very speedy recovery and to many more posts to come! Big boho smooches coming your way!

 
At 4:35 AM, Blogger Miz BoheMia said...

I couldn't find your email so... I fiddled with this...

http://testybohemian.blogspot.com

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger Mo'a said...

Monika, It is sure good to be back. There is actually a privacy clase that one signs when entering Dr's offices, Hospital etc. Nurse Crachet and her apprentice must have forgotten that. They were reported, by me, after another more painful incidence.....painful both physically and mentally. I am almost running around the house now :)
MizBohemia, what can I say but thank you, thank you. More to come LovaMo'a very happy and grateful.

 
At 5:04 PM, Blogger Biene said...

Welcome and I am very happy that you are back and on your feet, case
in 108 B! It really is a shame. But as you do, it is the best thing to laugh about stupid people.
See you! Mom biene

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger Minka said...

I have a feeling that our little Miz B. was at work here. Well done and applause, applause! *Queen bows elegantly*

 
At 10:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back and glad to hear you are well on the road to recovery.

 
At 11:08 AM, Blogger Mo'a said...

Biene, Yes!!yes!! Humor is the best way to go. Thank you for your good wishes.
Monika, Yes you guessed it, MizBohemia made me a gift, when I mentioned how much I like your new template.
Jacqui, thank you. I am indeed back on my feet and getting better every day.

 
At 10:14 PM, Blogger Three Score and Ten or more said...

I'm thrilled that you are back and posting again. Soon, off the walker, and then the magic sign is when you go up a stairway without putting two feet on any of the stairs. (that takes awhile). Of course my experience is all second hand. When you get through, may I suggest Water aerobics if they are available. My dear wife loves them, and so do I.

Happy sculpting when the moment comes. (I shouldn't talk, I haven't been in the studio for six months, I am working out my "creative side" blogging.

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger Mo'a said...

Richard, thank you for your encouragement. A friend of mine swears by water aerobics and is chopping at the bit to take me to her classes.....luckily we have a good place near by.
I will be posting what I have sculpted so far later today (2/23/06) or tomorrow. I love needle sculpting, it is so portable and I can do it in my chair or in bed.

 

Post a Comment

Write, Speak, Create & take me back HOME!

-------------------------------------


Doll Maker and Artiste Extraordinaire


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com