Welcome

About Me

My Website

Favorite Blogs

Art Blogs

The Past

Current Posts

Visitors

Credits

Disclaimer

Friday, March 10, 2006

A Ghost In The House

Do you believe in ghosts? I do and we have one. Now it could be a poltergeist, except for the fact that there is not an adolescent living here in our house.
My ghost likes to play tricks on us, to keep us on our toes I suspect. One thing it will do is turn the kitchen light on and off. Another favorite is slamming the window screens down in random windows.....this always occurs when the house is very quiet.
The roller blinds in our bedroom is another favorite toy....after I have pulled them down for the night, they will go up, with a lot of noise and drama, just about the time we are about to go into REM sleep.
My all time favorite are the television tricks. Our ghost waits until we are deep into the story of a great movie to turn the television off. Sometimes the television will go on when we are sitting in the family room reading or at our computers.......I will ask what show would you like to watch......if my tone is harsh the television will be turned off again. There is no way to please a ghost......at least not our ghost.
One night I was awakened from a deep sleep with people screaming and crying....I thought this was happening outside my house. Curiosity got the best of me and I got out of bed walked into the hallway to look out the window, it was then I noticed that the noises were coming from the TV.....I got rather miffed and told the ghost if he/she wants to watch television in the middle of the night, at least turn the volume down so that we can sleep. I think it listened to me, as I have not been awakened in the middle of the night since, however, sometimes when we go into the family room in the morning the television is on.....Now I must tell it to turn the TV off when it is finished watching. I would add a photo here if I had one, I think he/she is camera shy, or just shy as I have not seen it.
Do you have a ghost and does it play tricks on you? .

Posted by Mo'a :: 10:15 AM :: 8 Art Connoiseurs

8 Comments:

At 10:07 AM, Blogger Minka said...

How Icelandic of you to belive in ghosts. Theya re verywhere here and if you ask people"Do you belive in ghosts?" They´ll look at you with surprise and say something like: "No, I don´t need to belive in ghosts becuase I know they exist!"
One rode with me in the car during stormy weather in teh countryside. He didn´t say anything. My car door just opened and closed after 10 minutes and that was it. He wanted a ride. Didn´t even say Thank You! But it freaked me out!

 
At 4:15 PM, Blogger Biene said...

I say, you are a real icelander! Say hallo from me to your ghost!
Mom

 
At 12:00 PM, Blogger Miz BoheMia said...

I haven't met any yet! I feel left out!

Although when I was little my girlfriend and I were convinced that white plastic bags flew around with good spirits and black ones were trouble. People thought we were nuts when they saw us yelling at the flying plastic bags!

But alas, I have yet to meet a real ghost!

Loverboy was convinced we had one in this house when we first moved in but now there seem to be no signs. My stepmother, who is a witchy woman (a good witch that is), said she got a vision our house had a lot of dark energy, meaning that the leftover energy from the previous owners was behind all our bad luck here, and she did cleansing rituals but it still does not seem to have helped!

Any advice on such things? Icelanders seem to be wise about the ways of the supernatural I see!

 
At 12:57 AM, Blogger Miz BoheMia said...

PS~ I DO remember something now but it is about bad ghosts. When I was 21 and lived in Madrid every night for about a week black spirits tried to enter my body. I lay there in bed, frozen, my body unable to move in a state of deep sleep even though I was conscious, and I would recite a Tibetan mantra. They shrieked horrible shrieks that made me imagine that if there was a hell that is what it would sound like. After a week of not being able to get into my body and going through this every night, they left me alone...

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger Mo'a said...

Monika: Yes, I am indeed very Icelandic.....and I agree that I just know there are ghosts, as well as Angels. Interesting that one took a ride with you.....did you see him or just scense him?
Biene: I will he/she has been very quiet since I wrote the post....interestingly I had a hard time publishing this post....it kept flashing 0% published...I said to my ghost, this will make you famous and presto a flash came 100% published.
MizBohemis: I knew that you would eventually remember an encounter with a spirit....that was a frightening one though.....I have had pranksters but thankfully no one has tried to enter my body...that sounded scary. I don't know enough about spirits/ghosts to be able to give advice....dark spirits sound scary to me.....you live in a Catholic country perhaps you can find a Priest to help in the matter. My Mother did tell me one time, that one must stand up to evil spirits and never let them take over....never had to use that advice but it is good to have it filed away, just in case.

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger Miz BoheMia said...

Wise woman your mother! My monk friend had once taught me to recite a specific mantra if ever I needed help. In my sleep I kept reciting it, fighting them all the way. I won and after a while they did not return.

The past two nights I have been susceptible again as I am exhausted and weak. But my daily yoga, even if it is 15 minutes long helps ground me and the rest I do with my mantra!

Hope you never meet these guys! They are not good!

Say hi to your ghost for me! Maybe he can send over some ghostbusters! ;-)

 
At 7:56 PM, Blogger Minka said...

I heard the door opening-while driving- and felt a presence. I was terrified and did not dare look in the mirror. 10 minutes later I heard teh door again. When I reached teh next city I turned around and nothing! I am sure someone sat in my car and wanted a ride

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger Mo'a said...

Minka: Wow! that is amazing....I think I would have been scared also.

 

Post a Comment

Write, Speak, Create & take me back HOME!

-------------------------------------


Doll Maker and Artiste Extraordinaire


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com