Welcome

About Me

My Website

Favorite Blogs

Art Blogs

The Past

Current Posts

Visitors

Credits

Disclaimer

Monday, March 06, 2006

New Socks

Yesterday was a big day for me......I went shopping. Big deal you say......well for me it is, remember, I had the surgery six weeks ago. We went to Eckerd, our local drug store. This store has everything from food to toys and drugs. I had fun looking at all the bunny and chick Easter supplies. I got lost in the make-up section for a while, however, could not find the lipstick I was looking for. I love drug store make-up and creams. I used to work for cosmetic companies years ago and I know a little about the manufacturing of make-up and how to get the best buys. That being said, my Mother went to Macy’s and bought eye cream that she insisted I use, in order to be presentable for my son’s wedding in July. It is a fancy label, Chanel, and the cost was $60.00 all I can say it better have me looking thirty five by July.....I will be faithful in it’s use to give it a chance to do it’s thing.
At Eckerd I bought a face cream by L’Oreal, Lancome’s sister company.....I suspect that the products for both companies are made in the same factory..... Oh! yes, that cream cost me a whopping $4.99. Then I went wild and bought socks three pair for $3.99, I love my socks so much that I just had to share them with you. Here are a couple of photos.


Now I have something fun to look at while I am in Physical Therapy. I had better sit tight for a while before I go on another spending spree:)

Posted by Mo'a :: 11:34 AM :: 11 Art Connoiseurs

11 Comments:

At 9:01 PM, Blogger Minka said...

I am a Clarins girl myself :)
Love teh socks, am wearing somethign quite similar myself! Might post a pciture of it, yours were inspirtaional...

 
At 4:32 AM, Blogger Berglind said...

Ég er öll í Aveda, allt náttúrulegt ;) Sokkarnir eru æði hihi gaman að sjá þá :) Gott að þú getur farið um og verslað. Láttu þér nú batna enþá betur og sjáumst svo vonandi á Íslandi í sumar (þegar þú verður orðin 35 ára ;) )

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger Mo'a said...

Monika: I was given a lot of Clarins products when it was only a Spa item.....Ken ran two spas at the time. I would love to see your socks.....mine hide in the shoes, sort of like having great undergarments and only you know about it....they make me happy

 
At 9:14 AM, Blogger Mo'a said...

Beglind: So good to see you here. I remember when we went all over the Nort Shore looking for Aveda. I love my socks and they are a symbol of the fact that I am getting better. See you in August in Iceland....it has been to long since I saw you and the family last. I love seeing your photos from Prague :)

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger Minka said...

This Monika is so excited that you are coming to Iceland in August. That is so surreal. We might be able to meet and have tea together:) Or coffee, whichever you prefer. That´d be amazing!

 
At 10:41 PM, Blogger Three Score and Ten or more said...

Fun. So good that you are enjoying yourself. (I wish I were going to Iceland in August)

 
At 3:03 AM, Blogger Miz BoheMia said...

NOT FAIR! I wanna come to Iceland in August but nooooo! Is it 'cause I am a bohemian?!?! *sigh* ;-P

Oooooh! Pretty socks and such pretty feet! May the knees heal so the feet can take you many, many places!

SHOPPING! DEALS! I am the queen of sales, the QUEEN BOHEMIAN! They have major sales in January and July here so all our clothes shopping is done then! At one of the better stores, Zara, two long-sleeved tees for little boys would come out to 50 euros!!! regular price. In the sale, for 50 euros, at Zara, I bought 14 tops (7 for the boy and 7 for the girl), 1 dress, 1 skirt and 1 pair of pants for me! Wooooohooooo!!!!! I have bought Loverboy 40 euro jeans for 5! Ooooh! You should come over for the sales and Monika too and we shall have a shopping spree!

A bohemian can only dream!

As for creams I am afraid I am quite bohemianish about it all... they need to not be animal tested and the major brands well, I will hush on that so here Yves Rocher works for me (and I stock up during the sales!)

Much talking but all to say... boho smooches coming your way!!

 
At 9:38 AM, Blogger Mo'a said...

Monika: I look forward to seeing you in August.....Coffee, Iceland does coffee well....or is it the pastries :) Well we need to have both and lot's of talk about Bohemians, cars with need names and dogs who yell rabbit, rabbit. Or is that people who yell rabbit, rabbit I will have to study up on that.
Richard: Perhaps I should take a group with me to Iceland....want to come?
MizBohemia: Oooooo! shopping in Spain with Monika and MizBohemia, could life get any better than that? You sound like a super shopper. Let's talk, and think of the possibilities.

 
At 5:38 PM, Blogger Biene said...

These socks are great!! Newly I started to buy the right coloured socks with each new top I buy ( and you know as I got slimmer I had to buy lots of them!)
Oh, when you come, may I invite you and Monika to coffee - anyhow, as Monika and me live together again (or tea, or whatever...?)
Mom

 
At 8:48 AM, Blogger Mo'a said...

Congratulations on your weight loss.
I have lost quite a bit of weight since the surgery....I do not recommend my wight loss program, however, I am glad to have lost the weight.
My socks are a hit at the Physical Therapy center I go to....I look around and see that others have followed suit....I think I started something here.
I would love to come and have Coffee with you and Monika, it will be so much fun to see you both in person.I am so looking forward to going to Iceland....it will only be a week, I cannot spend too much time so far away from Mother and Dad.
It is good to hear from you. Sorry that you are having problems with blogger.....I like to read what you write, you are so honest and kind.

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger Minka said...

Wow this is so cool and freaky. Miz B. We would love it if you could be there too, but there is always another time and place and let´s face it. Coffee or shopping would be so much cheaper in Spain! WE´ll spend at leats an hour discussing you as if you were right there with us!

 

Post a Comment

Write, Speak, Create & take me back HOME!

-------------------------------------


Doll Maker and Artiste Extraordinaire


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com