Welcome

About Me

My Website

Favorite Blogs

Art Blogs

The Past

Current Posts

Visitors

Credits

Disclaimer

Friday, March 24, 2006

A Wonderful Surprise

Why is it, I wonder, that I have not felt like writing a blog for so long? Was I waiting for something to happen? Is it because when I googled my name there were 301 results?
It may be hard for some of you to believe, that I am rather shy and find it hard to talk about myself and my art. When someone opens the door, I can talk and talk about both. This is why I was so pleasantly surprised when I was visiting Terry’s Timeout, this morning, that Terry in her post talked about the Icelandic Jolasveinar (Christmas Lads) that I made in December and linked to my countdown on their arrival. What a lovely thing to do.
I found her blog only this week. She loves Iceland and things Icelandic and has some stunning photos from her trip to Iceland. So now here I am again enjoying the blog world, and the many wonderful people, that I have met through this interesting phenomenon.
Go and visit Terry and tell her that Mo’a sent you.

Posted by Mo'a :: 11:18 AM :: 6 Art Connoiseurs

6 Comments:

At 1:32 PM, Blogger tsduff said...

Oh Mo'a - I'm so ridiculously pleased to see this post! Thank you so much. It has been so much fun to find out about you and your talents - I had no idea you are so renown, and here I am talking to you like a "normal" person :-D (I revere artists you know :-)) The fact that you are Icelandic is like the sweet "icing" on the cake so to speak. Hope you are having a great Friday - looking forward to talking some more!

 
At 7:25 PM, Blogger Biene said...

Just saying hallo before dropping to bed...
looking forward to meet you in iceland!
icelandic mom

 
At 2:43 AM, Blogger Miz BoheMia said...

How exciting! But then again, don't be so surprised! You make fans of all who see yur work and if they read you... forget it! We are in love then! IN LOVE I SAY!

Glad you are back with another post! We miss you too much otherwise!

How is your recovery coming along?

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger Minka said...

I second Miz B. As soon as I found your page I knew I hit a pot of gold and I have been here since!
I am not surprised if there were many more linking to our jolasveinar, since there are few pictures of them around the net, yet people are curious! And your were teh best ones I have ever seen, and I say that with honesty! You are so talented!

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger Mo'a said...

Hello everyone I had company over the weekend and I just dropped in here and there just to see what everyone was up to.
Terry: I was so pleased with you giving my Jolasveinar attention...so my thanks go out to you.
*blush* renonwn me.....I never thought of myself like that just an ordinary person who happens to like making things. I am however, very proud of being Icelandic....and that is *laugh* a very Icelandic thing to say. Terry I look forward to getting to know you better.
Biene: I love this setence "See you in Iceland"
MizBohemia: LovaMo'a loves you...you always have a way of making me feel good and making me blush with pleasure
I am coming along very well....no cane inside and only carried when I go outside....just in case. Truthfully I do have a fear of falling, although I am quite steady on my feet.
Minka: You also make me blush with delight. You are so generous with you comments. I did google Jolasveinar and thanks to Terry Leikur and List was the 11th listing.

Thank you all for making me feel so very good today and thank you again Terry.

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger tsduff said...

Hi Moa
I sent an email to you asking about possible purchase of one of the Jolasveinar or similar figures but perhaps I have your email incorrect. They are soooo awesome! Send your email address to me at tsduff@aol.com okay?

Hope you are having a great day - enjoying this awful stormy weather :-D

 

Post a Comment

Write, Speak, Create & take me back HOME!

-------------------------------------


Doll Maker and Artiste Extraordinaire


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com