Welcome

About Me

My Website

Favorite Blogs

Art Blogs

The Past

Current Posts

Visitors

Credits

Disclaimer

Friday, February 02, 2007

The Adirondacks And A Tiny World


About fifteen years ago, when we lived in Saratoga Springs, NY, we used to like to go into the Adirondacks. We were charmed by the area, it’s natural beauty and the Adirondack Great Camps. We had the pleasure of staying in a couple of the camps over weekends. See here and
here, check out their movie. And here is the site for the Adirondack Museum in Blue Mountain Lake, NY.
We also fell in love with the Adirondack furniture styles, so much that we have a room in our home furnished in the Adirondack style blended with Navaho rugs, American Indian pottery and a few Icelandic treasures thrown into the mix.
I also found myself being attracted to diminutive furniture in the Adirondack style and collected a few pieces, that have survived three moves and a kitten......that in itself is miraculous.
Recently I was reading a blog called Beautiful Art, where I saw photos of tiny twig furniture that the Debbie makes. Her furniture was featured in Victoria Magazine in their February 1991 issue.
I had not unpacked my own twig furniture, that I had put away in the first place, because Brie, when she was a kitten, used to love to go and bat these little treasures about.....which did not sit well with me, as you can well imagine.
A week ago I made a little environment for my furniture. At the same time a little Tree Spirit by Rachael DiRenna arrived in the mail and she immediately flew into the middle of the little place, that is now fully furnished and lives on top of the piano in our family room. The little Tree Spirit kneels next to it, enchanted by and watches over this little world.






Labels:


Posted by Mo'a :: 4:04 PM :: 14 Art Connoiseurs

14 Comments:

At 7:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How wonderful! I adore Debbies work, and can see you do too! The tree spirit looks very happy!!!

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger Mo'a said...

I have been wondering whether there is any possibility that Debbie made my little treasurers.
That certainly would be serendipity :)
She is a lovely little tree spirit, and is fitting in very well indeed.

 
At 9:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*swoon* oh, the furniture and the tree spirit are perfect together. and those links to the Adirondack sites? DIVINE. i could live there for the rest of my days and be completely content.

thank you for sharing more beauty/charm with us -- i especially lovelovelove this artwork because it is so natural, which reinforces the fact that we're basically surrounded by beauty/charm, if we only take time to look! xox

 
At 10:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mo'a
she looks so comfy there - I'm glad she is fitting in

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger Miz BoheMia said...

Oh how I do love that tree spirit! And she sure knew where to go for a prefectly magical home! I could not imagine her anywhere else but with you!

Precioso!

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger Mo'a said...

Neva: The little Tree Spirit is so wonderful....and as you say feels right at home.
The Adirondacks are dreamy...not this time of year....too cold, but in the summer...have you been there?
Yes indeed, Mother Nature is still the best artist.

Rachael: We are in love with her and she feels very much at home here....my parents saw her the other day and think she is amazing...so you see, you are gaining fans every day.
I will write you an e-mail tomorrow.

MizBohemia: You are so right, she is very much at home here and is loved. Nice to see you here, you have been missed. xoxoxoxo for each of the Bohemians

 
At 8:25 AM, Blogger Nessa said...

I love your twig furniture. I always wanted to make a fairy house with moss roofs and branch canopied beds. And Rachel's Tree Spirit is amazing: so different and clever and fanciful.

 
At 8:47 PM, Blogger Minka said...

Yes, the tree spirit is amazing. As are you! I love wood, if I were ever to get creative, I guess that would be the material I´d choose!
wonderful!

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger Mo'a said...

Goldennib: That would be wonderful, I can't wait to see it :)

Minka: Well Minka you have a lot of moss just outside your house....I am assuming since you live in Iceland....you could also make it from lawa rock. Can I come over and play with you?

 
At 6:43 PM, Blogger tsduff said...

Tree art is beautiful! Your twiggy furniture is so pretty - lovely to surround yourself with I'm sure. I brought some Icelandic moss home (on some Icelandic lava - LOL) but it doesn't like it at my house. Don't know if it is the impure water, or the weather.. but it is no longer green :-(

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger Mo'a said...

Terry: Is it very dry at you house?
My moss is still green, perhaps it is because it is logal moss :)
I was so happy to see my little furniture again.

 
At 10:18 PM, Blogger Kai said...

My grandfather was a Comanche healing man, and he ALWAYS carried wood on his person. He was forever whittling or carving, fashioning creatures both human & otherwise. He explained to me that, like EVERYTHING on this earth, wood has a spirit. So I learned to notice and love wood at a young age! These furniture pieces are delightful, and the wood sprite is a treasure! Your blogs are such a joy!

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger Mo'a said...

Kai: The story about your Grandfather is wonderful. Do you have any of his carvings?
The little wood sprite gives us a lot of joy.
Thank you so much for the compliment :)

 
At 12:03 AM, Blogger G said...

I'm a little behind in comments but not in admiration for your art Mo'a. This is just beautiful and the Tree Spirit is so happy there - it shines through.

 

Post a Comment

Write, Speak, Create & take me back HOME!

-------------------------------------


Doll Maker and Artiste Extraordinaire


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com