Welcome

About Me

My Website

Favorite Blogs

Art Blogs

The Past

Current Posts

Visitors

Credits

Disclaimer

Monday, May 22, 2006

"A"

Alpha: “A”. Thank you Minka for giving me this excellent letter. I quote the Queen on how this works.
"If you comment on this entry and beg for a letter, I will give you one.
Thou shalt write ten words beginning with that letter in your journal, including an explanation of what the word means to you and why, and then pass out letters to those who want to play along.
Of course, if you want to comment but not be assigned a letter, that's an option too.
I'll only design to assign letters to those who specifically ask for them if they pass the credit check and promise to take very good care of the letter."


Alba: White, my favorite color for flowers in the garden, I love the way they glow at dusk and in the moonlight. Alba is also my favorite color for bed linen, so clean and fresh.



Art: I live, breath and create art. I used to think that by hard work and discipline anyone could create art, now I know that it also takes talent. It would be ungrateful of me not to acknowledge the gift of talent that I have been given.
Anthropomorphic: To attribute human characteristics and form to inanimate objects and animals. I use this in much of my art.

Arctic Circle: Just a little part of North East Iceland juts into the Arctic Circle. The rest of Iceland is warmed by the Gulf Stream. Are you amused that I found a way to get my beloved Iceland into an “A” meme?

Age: Does not matter. Accept that we all will age and that we mark our age annually, with, if we are lucky, cake.

Anger: Our actions in time of anger may cause animosity. Anger can ruin ones health. Anger is.....in my opinion.....a selfish emotion and does not serve us well. Empathy will serve us much better.

Ast: Is an Icelandic word for love and affection. There is a comma over the “A” but I do believe it belongs here. It is an important word to me. I call those I love Astin Min......my love.

Angel: I have had many in my life and I do believe one of them saved my life.

Aloha: A Hawaiian word meaning hello and good-bye, welcome and farewell. It can also mean romantic love, affection and best wishes. Now, that to me is a great word to have in ones vocabulary.

Posted by Mo'a :: 1:12 PM :: 18 Art Connoiseurs

18 Comments:

At 4:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

absolutely awesome! (yay! i get to be first!) amusing, adorable, and astute A-list of self observations! thank you for sharing, dear amiable Mo'a!! : D

 
At 7:48 PM, Blogger Minka said...

Aloha indeed!
Well done with the list! I knew you could handle the "A" suberbly. Incidentally, Ast is the German word for a tree branch.
Ást is a wonderful word and I am so glad you included it. Now i´ll be off to bed and leave you with ALOHA!!!

 
At 7:56 PM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

Alright! Absolutely awesome and amazing, amiga!

Are antlers absent?

 
At 1:24 AM, Blogger tsduff said...

Wrote a post filled with awesome A words to compliment your own - and proceeded to lose the whole thing. I'll be back, when my brain can handle trying to recreate the lost A words :-/.... Love this post. Love the last one too - have been trying to think of something for a day or so to rave about your art.

G took Kjot dude home to Ma in Florida today - I just know she'll love him as much as we love Skyrgamur :-) You are indeed blessed with a talent of art, being able to recreate the human essence in your work (human or elf - gnome or troll - the face is always so striking).

Love these past two posts Mo'a. :-D

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger Mo'a said...

Neva: You are amazing all these "A" words in a comment....your talent, by far, exceeds mine :)
Aloha Minka and mahalo nui for the "A" I am glad you liked my "A" rant.
Doug: read my reply to Neva and consider it your's also. Yes! indeed antles are absent....it is spring after all.
Terry: *blush* stop it, I love it *blush* I am glad you liked this post. I look forward to reading your "A" list.
I hope Skyrgamus has been behaving himself. I look forward to hearing about how the kjot dude was received.
Thank you for your kind words about my talent. I had a hard time admitting that I had talent and that it was not all just hard work.
My family sat me down one day :)

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger tsduff said...

Mo'a - I got a call from G's Mom in Florida early this a.m. She was absolutely amazed at the "clever way you created the little fellow". She was so pleased with him, as I was - especially his expressive face. Thank you so much :-) I'm glad you had a talking to... someone had to do it! You are blessed with talent.

 
At 6:02 PM, Blogger Mo'a said...

I am so happy that she liked him :) Thank you Terry :)

 
At 12:32 AM, Blogger tsduff said...

thank YOU Mo'a, for allowing me a small piece of the pie of your creations :-)

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger Miz BoheMia said...

I am in absolute awe at your amazing and awe inspiring words... I am in ast with them I tell you! AST!!!

I do love how you were able to incorporate your beloved Iceland into this meme. Alba is a name here in Spain meaning dawn. And the rest... well, very wise words indeed and I always love learning more about you my dear LovaMo'a!

 
At 3:47 PM, Blogger Mo'a said...

Terry: Anytime you want to have a larger piece let me know ;)
MizBohemia: Ast right back at you.
I love that Alba has the same meaning as Aurora......LovaMo'a learns much from MizB.

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger Kyahgirl said...

absolutely awesome list astin min :-)

You are so sweet and interesting. I am definitely amused that you managed to get Iceland into an 'a' meme. Good job.

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger Mo'a said...

Kyahgirl: thank you for the compliment astin min :~)
Yes, I am proud of getting Iceland into an "A" meme LOL

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger G said...

Well I was drawn in by your "Adorable" doll face from Doug's. Love your list and pleased to make your acquaintance. The people from Iceland I know number one - Margaret, my daughter's violin teacher, one of the coolest (no pun intended) people I know.

 
At 5:34 PM, Blogger Mo'a said...

Welcome G and thank you for your compliments.
Knowing one Icelander makes you are way ahead of most people.....there are not many of us :)

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger Kyahgirl said...

Hi Mo'a-my wordpress blog told me there was a link to me here :-)
Guess what? its the puppytoes link in your sidebar (goes to my place instead of hers) not sure if that what you wanted sweetie :-)

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger Miz BoheMia said...

LovaMo'a, I fixed what Kyahgirl speaks of...

Kyahgirl... the links were correct and there was a link to you but it was missing a quotation mark and was therefore not showing up on the page even though it was in the template... you should all be good to go!

Big Boho Smooches!

 
At 6:24 PM, Blogger Mo'a said...

Thank you MizBOhemia, see I did need to have you as a Team Member....what would I do without you.

Kyahgirl: So we are all set now....good to see you here, I missed you.

I will soon be back on track and in tune with everyone....life has interfered with my blog life :)

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger Kyahgirl said...

thank you ladies. all is right with the world now! :-)

 

Post a Comment

Write, Speak, Create & take me back HOME!

-------------------------------------


Doll Maker and Artiste Extraordinaire


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com