Welcome

About Me

My Website

Favorite Blogs

Art Blogs

The Past

Current Posts

Visitors

Credits

Disclaimer

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

A Few Things About Me Me!!!!!

I was startled to realize that I had not posted for over a week. Life has a way of getting in the way of some things.
I wondered what I should blog about, as I am again out of practice, so I thought I would steal the idea from MizBohemia’s resent questionnaire post. I cannot promise that I will be as amusing or insightful as our MizB’s., however, I will have a go at it.
1. What time did you get up this morning? 7:30 as always. I get up to the smell of coffee and breakfast that my Dear Husband, has ready for me. Yes, I know I am a lucky woman and I hope that my male readers don’t feel the pressure....ladies, we have been married for 35 years and I made him breakfast for many of those years so lay off your man....he is doing alright.....however, he will see here what the possibilities are :)
2. Diamonds or pearls? Hmmmm!!! how come I cannot have both? I love both.....I also love silver jewelry and I love to make my own beaded jewelry.
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? I don’t remember.....I think it was “Ray”
4. What is your favorite TV show? Well, I like Masterpiece Theater and Mystery on PBS, and sometimes the Sopranos and Medium........very dull I am afraid.
5. What did you have for breakfast? Cereal with Banana, a plum and coffee.
6. What is your middle name? I don’t have one......I used to give myself one and once I used Lisa......you know Mo’a Lisa......well I thought it very elegant, until people started laughing and then I became Mo’a Kim.....but that did not fly either, so I gave up, until I got married then I used my maiden name as my middle by hyphenating my last name.......then some time later that became fashionable.....me the vanguard, boggles the mind.
7. What is your favorite food? I love ethnic food Mexican, Indian and Icelandic are my favorites.
8. What foods do you dislike? Spam, I think, I have not had it for a number of years.....I think I have had it at least once in my life......but I do love to hate it.
9. What kind of potato chips do you like? I hardly ever have them....but Cape Cod Potato Chips are what I buy when I buy chips.
10. What is your favorite CD at the moment? This will rock every ones boat......I don’t buy CD’s ..............the ones I have a given to me, mostly by my son and I don't have a favorite.
11. What kind of car do you drive? A VW Cabrio convertible.....actually all Cabrio’s are convertible....at the moment I am driving my Father’s Honda......my Cabrio is a manual shift and I am not quite up to shifting yet since my knee surgery.
12. Favorite sandwich? An open faced Smoked Salmon, with onion and cream cheese on dark rye.
13. What characteristics do you despise? I have always felt that it is not up to me to despise anything......although I dislike it when people are unkind to others.
14. Favorite item of clothing? A pair of silk pants that make me feel slim and apparently look slim also judging by the question “Have you lost weight” that is asked when I wear them.
15. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? China and India.
16. What color is your bathroom? Gray and white......it looks clean but ever so dull....someday I will put my own stamp on it and paint it a color that makes me look good when I look in the mirror at the moment I just look pale when I steal a look.
17. What is your favorite brand of clothing? I don’t really have a favorite.....but I always have good luck at Chico’s. Like our MizB. I love to shop for bargains......I don’t like to pay full price for anything.
18. Where would you want to retire? That is assuming I could afford it. I would love to live in Iceland, Santa Fe, Hawaii, New York City, and Denmark. I like to dream.
19. Favorite time of day? At dusk in my garden.
20. Where were you born? Iceland
21. Favorite sport to watch? I don’t usually watch sports.
22. Who do you least expect to answer this???? Me....but here I am non the less.
23. Person you expect to answer first? What, what......I have no idea.
24. Coke or Pepsi? I don’t drink soda, pop, or tonic very often, but when I do, Diet Pepsi..
25. Are you a morning person or night owl? I love both, I don’t need more than six hours of sleep so I generally have both.
26. What size shoe do you wear. 8
27. Do you have any pets? I have a Brie a cat and a Canary by the name of Oli Moses...say it fast...yes that is how he got his name.....we love to laugh about silly things in my family.
28. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share with everyone? I have already shared my exciting news :)
29. What did you want to be when you were little? An actress
30. Is the glass half empty or half full? Is it a glass of red vine?......well then it is just right.
31. What is your best childhood memory? They are all great......I grew up in Iceland and my childhood memories get better and better the older I get.
32. What are the different jobs you have had in your life? Baby sitter, worked in a grocery store when I was 14, before that I had a job turning salt fish,,,,,,,long story, Make-up artist, Guest Curator for several shows at a museum and a gallery, my last outside the home job was selling function space at a world class museum in Salem, Ma.
33. What color underwear are you wearing? What?!!!!!
34. Nicknames: None
35. Piercings? Yes, 4
36. Eye color: Depends.....gray, blue, green......they change often, I don’t know why...... no yellow, that can be seen, but there has to be, since blue and yellow make green.
37. Ever been to Africa? No
38. Ever been toilet papering? What?
39. Love someone so much it made you cry? Yes!!!
40. Been in a car accident? Yes, two.
41. Croutons or bacon bits? Where?
42. Favorite day of the week? Monday......OK!!!!!.....that was for effect......I give everyday a chance.
43. Favorite flower? I love all white flowers.....they look so wonderful in the garden at dusk and in the moonlight.....I love leaves and the many shapes and colors they can have and yellow roses.
44. Favorite ice cream? Chocolate
45. Disney or Warner Brothers? I don't know, both I guess.
46. Favorite fast food restaurant? I don’t have a favorite.....I don’t much like them.
47. What color is your bedroom carpet? Blue
48. Failed your drivers test? No.
49. From whom did you get your last e-mail? MizBohemia and my son this morning.
50. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? I would never do that, to practical
51. What do you most often do when you are bored? I am never bored.....to me being bored is a waste of time.
52. Bedtime? I read and go to sleep.
53. Who are you most curious about their responses to this questionnaire? I already read MizBohemias.
54. Last person you went to dinner with? My Book Club last night.
55. Lake, Ocean or river? I have lived by each and I love them all..
56. How many tattoos do you have? None
57. Which came first, the chicken or the egg? You think I would have the answer to that?
58. How many people are you tagging with this? No tags.....I am a novice and just figured out what a meme is.....Ok!!! so I am slow.

Posted by Mo'a :: 11:59 AM :: 15 Art Connoiseurs

15 Comments:

At 11:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm only part way through your list... so i'm not gonna leave a comment. but, since i am reading, i will be back tomorrow, and then i probably will leave an actual comment in reaction to that which i have read--which i haven't read, as yet. (and if any of that makes sense, you're a much smarter woman than i, for i have no idea what i just said!) : D

[i really will be back tomorrow, i promise!]

 
At 11:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i do know this... i'm gonna stop leaving those cutsie happy faces, 'cuz they always seem to get cut in half! nite-nite! ^_^

 
At 6:36 AM, Blogger Miz BoheMia said...

I love that you did this LovaMo'a! I love getting to know you better!

I wanted to be an actress for so long... probably still do to a certain degree...

I love Indian food (although I cannot have it too spicy!) and have yet to try Icelandic food...

I looooveee silver jewelry too...

I love cabrios! It used to be my dream to have one but instead I had a huge, ugly and old station wagon and then a freaking Dodge Aries and was in heaven when a tow truck guy told me he would have never though of me as a Dodge but as a red Cabrio! What a compliment! ;-)

You should do memes more often! I love getting to know more about my dear and fabulous LovaMo'a! See? There are so many things we always have in common! Is it the Icelandic in me, I ask? :-)

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger Minka said...

And me number three with the silver jewellry. i donæt have a single golden piece, me thinks!
Lovely list and you WERE funny!

 
At 7:37 PM, Blogger Mo'a said...

Neva: I will be looking for you comment.....it is a lot to read ^~^
MizBohemia: I have been rather reluctant....I am learning to be more open :) Silver jewelry rocks. I even have my favorite jewelers from Iceland, their store is Jens and my friend and his daughter are the jewelers for that store....they also have a store in Copenhagen on the Stroget, called Smak.
My Cabrio is sand/champagne and black.....now my Miata was "Arrest me officer red" :) another car I loved....I bought it shortly after they came on the market.
Minka: Another silver jewelry fan...you should go to Jens in the Kringlan and check them out....maybe you already know about them.
I was funny.....good that was what I was going for I guess it worked :)

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

Well, this seems like a fine time to make my first comment here and learn about Ms. Mo'a Lisa. Howdy!

 
At 1:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting...brave...and enlightening!
I know you're kidding about Mondays...with you on the ice cream choice...admire the bargain shopping (did you see that Neva?..I kid, of course).

 
At 4:56 PM, Blogger Mo'a said...

doug: I see that you are not immune to a woman's tears :) Welcome, Mo'a Lisa very, very, happy to see your doggie face here.
joel: Yes, I thought it rather brave myself....I have not talked so much about myself ever.
Well you know Mondays are Mondays.

 
At 5:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

first, dear Mo'a, i'll comment on your last remark, only to let you know you are anything but slow!! i'm not sure anyone really knows what a meme is... oh, in theory, perhaps, but i've read so many different versions (all good/fun) who's to say? is it pronounced "meeeem" (rhymes with dream) or is it pronounced ME-ME (which is what i thought when i first saw the term) in which case, if you accept the "tag" are you writing about YOU-YOU?? (for the record, it is pronounced "meem", rhymes with dream). i don't know! but you? slow?? never. i think, perhaps, you're a lot like me, and i like to consider myself... careful!

as i expected, you just become more & more interesting with each detail you reveal about yourself (much like the ever delightful Miz B!)... and, not that i'm interesting at all, but in a few areas, you and i have much in common (shopping aside, if you're to belive my husband--who doesn't understand that i love to shop for bargains... when i shop. but i don't like shopping. which is why i wind up spending a lot for stuff, because i don't want to work too hard to buy the stuff i want and/or need!)

perhaps the biggest shocker for me was reading that your bathroom is gray and white....and (in your own words) dull! i imagine you as someone who thrives on vibrance & color... and gray & white don't quite fit in with my mental picture of you!

as for your funfun car? i love your car...and i'm sooo glad the weather's cooperating enough for you to actually enjoy having that top down--especially since you can finally drive again!!

this was a FABULOUS list -- based on what i know to be a FABULOUS and genuinely FASCINATING woman!! (again, i truly understand why you and Miz B are such good "friends"... you seem to be kindred spirits...i've noticed that special people have a way of attracting other special people into their lives, clearly that's the case with the two of you!)

and, yes, Mo'a this post was pretty dang funny, as well! it was a great read! thank you!

hope your weekend is glorious : D

 
At 9:36 PM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

Mo'a I was just being coy and waiting for an invitation.

By the way, the painting at the top is spectacular.

 
At 7:59 PM, Blogger Mo'a said...

Neva: *Blusheblush* Wow!!!
I am like you I don't like to shop so when I do I get truck loads....on sale to be sure....so Ken is like Joel thinks I shop a lot :)
As for the bathroom I am for sure painting it a more flatering color....you are right I love color....in my last house my bedroom was orange, our entryway purple and the living room and family room yellow.....In this home I have a touch of red in almost all the rooms.
I love my car, however, I may have to sell it and get a bigger car as my Parents cannot both get into this car and I take them shopping etc. as my Father has stopped driving at the moment we have his Honda at our disposal also....but he will sell it this summer.
That you think I am interesting and funny is a great compliment to me :)
Doug: I hope to see you here often, you are always most welcome.
MizBohemia chose the painting for me and I agree with you it is spectacular.

 
At 10:03 PM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

Thanks, Mo'a. It's nice to steal one of Monika's friends.

 
At 11:36 PM, Blogger Kyahgirl said...

Hi again Mo'a :-) I loved reading more about you.

I think I'll tag myself and borrow this meme. I enjoyed reading it at Cowgirl's place, then at Miz B's and now at your place. Its a real pleasure to slowly see an internet friend, piece by piece, and finally the picture begins to take shape!

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger Miz BoheMia said...

Hi LovaMo'a! Just popping in to say hi! This bohemian misses her Icelandic LovaMo'a! Hope all is well and sending many kisses your way!

 
At 10:30 PM, Blogger Three Score and Ten or more said...

I'm still not sure what a meme is. Oh well!!!

 

Post a Comment

Write, Speak, Create & take me back HOME!

-------------------------------------


Doll Maker and Artiste Extraordinaire


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com