Welcome

About Me

My Website

Favorite Blogs

Art Blogs

The Past

Current Posts

Visitors

Credits

Disclaimer

Thursday, February 08, 2007

A Meeting At Starbucks and Creation


Nessa of The Chrysalis Stage and I met at Strabucks, last Saturday. Nessa and I met through Waking Ambrose, she is the first blogger I have met in person. Well that is not entirely true, I have friends who have become bloggers, but that is another story.
Anyway, Nessa and I talked for two hours. I have a feeling that the reason we could talk so easily with each other is that we have some knowledge of each others life, through our blogs.
She is a lovely and beautiful person and would be easy to talk with, under any circumstances.
We found that we had a lot of things in common. One was that we both like to create and to write. Although she is a more serious writer than I am and her spelling and grammar is far superior to mine. On top of that she had her post, about this meeting, written by Sunday and here it is Thursday and I am just now writing my post. I have an excuse....sinus headache and I am sticking to it :)
It was a fun meeting and I am sure we will get together again, I look forward to that.
I am also looking forward to meeting other bloggers that I have come to know through their blogs. Spring will be here soon and I am sure some people from Connecticut and New York will be more inclined to travel :) Now I must get back to the studio to clean and fix it up.....I will be expecting company soon.


Please visit me also, on To Live a Creative Life, there is a new post.

Above Photo: "Creation" Wooden box 7 1/2 by 5 1/2, figure 3 inches, Polymer clay and paper. By Mo'a

Posted by Mo'a :: 3:08 PM :: 15 Art Connoiseurs

15 Comments:

At 12:01 AM, Blogger G said...

Ooh a little well placed guilt never hurts to inspire I say! Don't make it too too clean, we want to catch you in all your artistic beauty!

Sounds like a great get together with Nessa. I have to agree, somehow meeting people after reading their blogs and getting to know them makes it more intimate. I know I can't wait to meet you!!! Will you have some of that Nutella that you mentioned...

 
At 5:31 AM, Blogger Minka said...

Do i hear Nutella? Count me in. Well móa, I sent you an e-mail a while back about visitign and stuff...time is approaching quickly ;)

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger Mo'a said...

G: I will use any method at hand :)
There is no fear in that, my studio is always in a creative disarray.
Nessa and I did have a great time, she is great.
I look forward to meeting you also...Nutella will be in plentiful supply.

Minka: Yes, Nutella, love it :) I will send you an e-mail did not receive yours....this is happening a lot lately....Grrrrr!!! Yes, it will be here before you know it :)

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger Nessa said...

Well, Mo'a, this is the first I've been back in days. I can't wait to meet with you again. I had a great time. I'd also like to meet everyone else traveling our way.

I meant to take a picture of the beautiful butterfly you gave me and haven't been able to get to that either. Oh, well, it will all get done someday or not.

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger Mo'a said...

Nessa: I was starting to get worried about you :)
It was fun and yes we must do it again. I will allert you to their arrival.
Not to worry things get done when they are ready LOL

 
At 6:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mo'a
I love this piece. At first I wasn't sure it was by you. I missed the note at the bottom of the page. He is so cute. I love his face.
& now
O thank you so much!!! I love it! I will be emailing you but I wanted to put a note on here just so everybody knows that your stuff is even better in person. So amazing that my 13 yr old SON (who, being a 13 yr old boy usually wouldn't notice) said he looks like a real person. I don't ever get that from him lol.

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger G said...

I came back because I had a funny feeling that I didn't compliment you on your beautiful little whimsical fellow up top. Pity the day when we don't see the beauty around us. Of course it was late at night when I originally posted (insert sheepish grin here). He's a great little fellow indeed.

 
At 9:55 PM, Blogger Mo'a said...

Rachael: Thank you...I am so happy that the little fellow made it to you. Wow! I feel honored when a 13 year old boy gives a compliment like that :)

G: You are so nice to come back.
You did see it but it did no register until later....that happens to me a lot. Thank you :)

 
At 7:24 AM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

That sounds like a great time. You and Nessa are both on my list. You may want to add a line to your post about how lonesome you've been with no one to talk to but the dolls.

I really like this one, by the way and the box is terrific, too.

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger Mo'a said...

Doug: It was a grand time :) We did meet through you...you seem to be the antidote to lonely hearts.
Have you taken a survey of how many people meet through your blog?

Don't worry Doug, the dolls and I have a great time together. For instance Paloma just asked me when G was coming to sit in her chair....could it be that she is lonely?

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

Not with the frosted hair, it can't.

I haven't taken the survey, but Old Mule had a great suggestion for a get together next year. More on that later.

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger Linda Fleming said...

How nice to get to meet up with a blogging friend! Sounds like you enjoyed it very much.

I adore your little guy in the "Creation" box. I find all your little characters so delightful!
Peace-
Linda

 
At 10:24 PM, Blogger Mo'a said...

Yes, it is lovely and I had a great time.
Thank you Linda :)

 
At 6:54 AM, Blogger Nessa said...

I have a new camera so I will take a picture of my butterfly this weekend. Did you get my email about free Rosetta Stone lessons at the Burlington County library website?

 
At 7:18 PM, Blogger tsduff said...

Awesome box - right down to his little flower in the cap... there is no end to your talents :-D

 

Post a Comment

Write, Speak, Create & take me back HOME!

-------------------------------------


Doll Maker and Artiste Extraordinaire


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com