Welcome

About Me

My Website

Favorite Blogs

Art Blogs

The Past

Current Posts

Visitors

Credits

Disclaimer

Monday, March 05, 2007

Artist Date

Lately I have been reading a lot of Mixed Media, Fashion and Life Style blogs. I am charmed by these blogs and have shown you quite a few of them here. One of my favorites is Ullabenulla. Ulla links to an amazing variety of web sites for one to visit and be inspired by.
Another new favorite is A Fanciful Twist. This blog belongs to....I quote her here from her about page, "I am a strange and curiously artistic woman from the 1800's trapped in the body of a thirty year old girl living in the year 2006 in a bizarre Arizona." Go ahead and read the rest of her bio....you will be glad you did :) I am enchanted by her art....her blog is full of her fancifull drawings....,energy and charm.

For years I have had an artist date....a day set aside for myself, to explore places where I can find inspiration for my art and lifestyle.
A few years before my knee replacement surgery, I would go out for perhaps an hour or two, and then come home more exhausted than inspired. Thankfully those days are behind me, now I come back inspired and in one case recently, with a big commission for my work.
A week ago I found myself in Collingswood, NJ and while there I visited a charming place called "The Painted Cottage".
Valerie Boothroyd, is an artist and the owner of "The Painted Cottage".
Here are some things I found in her store.

This is the furniture that Valerie has altered.

I fell for these bags.


More lovely bags.

Easter displays.


Now hop on over to "To Live A Creative Life" and see what I am showing over there :)

Labels:


Posted by Mo'a :: 9:55 AM :: 12 Art Connoiseurs

12 Comments:

At 12:19 PM, Blogger Linda Fleming said...

I think you must be ready for spring- I notice most of the pictures you posted have flowers in them. Thanks for the delightful links to explore!
Peace-
Linda

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

I really like the sound of that bio. You know, I should look for photos of some of my step-fathers carpentry. He went through a tile phase a few years back.

 
At 1:45 PM, Blogger G said...

I love the bio - I went over and read the full one. Really is a fanciful blog. Thank you for the leads. And good for you on enjoying your artist dates - I see in that they pay off.

 
At 1:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so delighted!!!Thank you for the mention! How lovely, I am skipping around now! Oh, and Ulla, love her!!!! And, you are pretty fabulous yourself!!!xxo,Vanessa

 
At 6:01 PM, Blogger Minka said...

wow, I love teh rabbit/spring/white display very much and those bags are really quite something. Konfekt fyrir augad! takk!

 
At 9:56 AM, Blogger Mo'a said...

Linda: I am so ready for spring....and I adore flowers, especially white ones.

Doug: Venessa is a very special young woman :)
Tile is big again...he should get back to doing tile on furniture...it does look very special.

G: It is so nice to see so much joy and art on her blog...and I do love her faces.....as soon as she opens her Esty shop I must get some plates.

Vanessa: I like to share what I love.
Ulla is amazing and her finds are always a pleasure....how does she do it?
*awwwwww blush* Thank you :)

Minka: Ja, algjort saelgaeti.....looks funny, I should not be so lazy, I need to use the proper Icelandic letters.

Readers of English ;) the above Icelandic translation is "Yes, complete candy" lost in translation...as in "eye candy"

 
At 10:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a find! I love those mosaic furniture and lush and detailed handbags... I am delighted that you find inspirtion on my blog - I love to share!!! Yours is a true treat as well... I recently discovered 'A Fanciful Twist' too, and am so happy to be posted along with her delightful blog!!! Happy creating and many hugs!!!

 
At 10:24 AM, Blogger Mo'a said...

Ulla: I love the furniture also...I felt like painting and tiling all the furniture in my house...got over it though when I saw something else I loved as much LOL
I am such a slave to beautiful things.
You and Vanessa make good company...now, let's sit down and have tea and Madeleines :)

 
At 11:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am SO in love with the wonderful artists/works you manage to find, dear Mo'a... and that goes DOUBLE for the links/pieces you've shared today (or yesterday -- which is when i meant to get over here. yeesh) Ulla's blog is stunning, absolutely stunning.

now i'm thinking G and i will have to include a trip out to The Painted Cottage when we come to see you, because i may need some of Valerie's items in my own home. (seriously, i'm charmed by the idea of mosaic'ed furniture, i have a lovely pair of bookends tiled over with pieces from vintage Alice in Wonderland adorned china, and i adore them!)

thank you for another lovely/inspiring post, dear friend!! xoxox

 
At 7:18 AM, Blogger Minka said...

Móa, I just re-send teh e-mail that did not arrive to you, let me know if you get it this time :)

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

Mo'a, the shelves the Jolas are on are untiled furniture my step-father made, by the way. I may not be related by blood to anyone creative, but I claim what I can.

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger Mo'a said...

Neva: It is my pleasure.....There is so much art and so many interesting people, that it is easy to talk about both.
And there is also a shop rite here in my little town that you would love. I have so much to show you that you may have to stay the weekend. I have plenty of room.
Rumor has it that you will be coming sooner than later.....you are all welcome...I may even crash a certain party soon :)

Minka: I just got it and replied...thad verdur so gaman hja okkur :)

Doug: At least you are creative yourself....you limerist and poet you.

 

Post a Comment

Write, Speak, Create & take me back HOME!

-------------------------------------


Doll Maker and Artiste Extraordinaire


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com